1. A booking deposit of £500.00 is required to secure BHL. Please note: For Festive Weeks the deposit is £1,000 to make a booking. If you pay by credit card, we will charge 2.5% for each payment made this way to cover costs and charges we have to pay in connection with credit-card payments.
2. Good Housekeeping Bond: The Good Housekeeping Bond is a security bond made between you and us (the owners of BHL) which is taken on the understanding that you the guest will take care of and cause no damage to the property rented during your stay. Provided there has been no damage during your stay, this bond will be refunded back to you. The Good Housekeeping Bond is £500.00 (£750 for stag and hen parties). This bond will be refunded back to you within 5 working days.
3. Reservations and Payment of Rentals: Telephone reservations MUST be confirmed by payment of deposit, or final balance immediately. At present we can accept payment via bank transfer, credit card or cheque. Reservations are considered confirmed only on receipt of the reservation deposit and subject to the acceptance of the reservation. The balance of the cost of your accommodation must be paid at least 10 weeks before your arrival date and we will contact you to remind you. Failure to pay the final deposit will result in the loss of your reservation and no refund will be made.
4. Payment: After a booking has been received and accepted with deposit paid, the guest will be required to pay the full cost of the booking 10 weeks prior to the date of commencement of the rental period with the exception of festive weeks which require to be paid in full 20 weeks prior to your arrival.
5. Cancellations: You have 48 hours after payment of deposit to cancel your booking, after which time any booking that is cancelled the full rental, or deposit is NOT refundable. All cancellations must be confirmed in writing and received before the due date.
6. Cancellation and Curtailment Insurance: It is strongly recommended that insurance be taken out for all bookings. Having to cancel your holiday for whatever reason is hard enough but the loss of deposit or total rental can come as an additional setback. To minimise this unfortunate occurrence you should take out Holiday Insurance. When you reserve your holiday property you are entering into a legally binding contact. If you are unable to take your holiday property, then you will be liable to pay a Cancellation Charge and this could amount to the total cost of your holiday.
7. Period of Let: This will normally be on a weekly basis from Friday to Friday but weekend and short periods may be available. Rentals begin at 4.00pm on the day of arrival and end at 10.00am on the day of departure. Any delayed departure may incur additional charges at our reasonable discretion.
8. Cleaning: The lodge will be cleaned before your arrival and it is expected that the private ownership of the lodge will be respected and that it will be left in a clean and tidy manner. If additional cleaning is required then charges may be incurred to cover additional costs.
9. Damages: If there are any “accidents” or breakages during the stay please make a note and leave in the lodge for the housekeepers. You will be required to pay for replacements. The lodge will be cleaned before you arrive and it is expected that the private ownership of the lodge will be respected and that it will be left in decent order for the next guests, any damage charges will be automatically passed on to the guest.
10. Previous Damages: If for whatever reason there has been damage caused in the lodge by previous guests and there are items/facilities we will always do our utmost to have these resolved before your arrival. If they cannot be repaired/replaced by the time of your arrival then we cannot be held responsible for this. If in the rare occasion that this happens we will contact you as soon as possible to make you aware.
11. Christmas and New Year: Can only be accepted as week long bookings. The lodge will be tastefully decorated with a Christmas tree and decorations.
12. Restrictions on Rental: The owners reserve the right to refuse rentals or terminate a rental for improper use or unacceptable behaviour. Rentals will not be accepted in respect of any guest under 21 years old. It is also a condition of booking that no lodge can be sub-let to a Third Party by the Principal Guest. If this is found to be the case, the Third Party will
have no legal right of occupancy and will be required to vacate the lodge. If the party size exceeds the agreed maximum occupancy of the lodge, the let will be terminated early, with no refund. The owners or their representative may inspect the property at any time during the rental period.
13. Dissatisfaction: Should a guest be dissatisfied for whatever reason with the accommodation secured they must notify the Lodge Owners, within 2 hours of arrival. The Guest must also notify the owners immediately of any damage or defect detected during their stay. Failure to do so may result in the Guest being liable to any damages or defects.
14. Pets: Family pets can be taken to most of the lodges but must sleep in their own beds, not those at the lodges. Pets are not allowed on the furniture at the lodges and a small extra cleaning charge of £35 per pet will be levied up to a maximum of £70. Dogs should not be left unattended. Must be kept on a lead and prohibited from fouling areas around the lodge. Any fouling must be cleaned up by the Dogs owner. Please note the linen and towels provided are not for pet use.
15. Bed Linen: Bed linen and towels for maximum occupancy are provided in the lodges. Please remove after your stay and leave on bedroom floor.
16. Cots and High Chairs: Cots and High Chairs (2 of each available) are provided free of charge but must be pre-booked prior to arrival. Bed linen & mattress are NOT provided for cots.
17. Liability and responsibility: The owners cannot be held responsible or accept any liability for loss, damage or injury sustained whilst on the properties. Please ensure you take all of your belongings with you, we will do our best to return any items found. (see point 23.)
18. Exclusion of The Rent Act: The contract effected on confirmation of reservation relates to a holiday let only and is therefore not an assured tenancy in terms of Housing (Scotland) Act 1988. This confers on the guest the right to occupy the property for the period agreed for holiday purposes only, in terms of Schedule 4 Section of the aforementioned Act.
19. Winter: It must be appreciated that the lodge is situated in the Scottish Highlands where sometimes the weather can be severe. You must satisfy yourself that your clothing and footwear is adequate for any outdoor activity and you are properly equipped for the journey to the lodge. As the lodge is in a rural area we recommend that you bring a torch.
20. Adverse Travel Conditions: In the event of road closure due to adverse weather conditions or any form of 3rd party industrial action the owners cannot be held responsible for non-arrival of guests at the lodges and no refunds will be given.
21. Utilities: Any failure of Utility Services to any lodges, e.g. electricity, water supply, waste water services, TV signal, WiFi, refuse collection, oil or log delivery by third party suppliers which is totally beyond the control of the lodge owners. The owners cannot be held responsible in any way and no refunds will be given in the event of any supply or service failure.
22. Smoking: We request that you do not smoke in any of the lodges. External ashtrays are provided and we ask you not to throw your cigarette buts into the yard areas. Anyone found to have been smoking within the lodge will receive an automatic fine of £200.00. If you are smoking outside please ensure the external doors are closed to prevent any smoke entering the property and setting the fire alarm off.
23. Candles: Due to the high fire risk, candles are not allowed in the lodges.
24. Items left in Lodge: A minimum administration fee of £5.00, plus any postage & packing will be levied for return of items left in the lodge after your stay.
25. Payment Arrangement: Payments are made directly to the owners of the lodge booked, you will be asked to sign a “Hot Tub Disclaimer” form, or submit online. The party who signs the form will be held responsible for the hot tub operation during their stay. Please note that for essential health & safety reasons, the water in the tub will have to be changed before, or during your stay. This can sometimes leave the water in the tub slightly cooler for a short period, but all water changes are done quickly to ensure minimum disruption to our guests. Guests should be aware that this can happen. The hot tub must never be switched off at the mains during your stay. There may be an extra charge deducted from your bond if the tub is switched off during your stay. To conform with legal standards on water safety, the hot tub is managed by an external company who visit 3
times per week to ensure water levels are within safe limits. Should they find the water to be contaminated and require
replacement, guests will receive a charge of £120.00 to change the tub. This is the charge to us, no profits are made.
26. Development Works: Aviemore and Strathspey is currently undergoing a major expansion and improvement. New buildings and road works are evident. The owners have no control over these works and therefore have no liability for them regarding delays or nuisance.
27. Terms and Conditions: The owners reserve the right to change any of the specifications of the lodges at any time. Any changes in terms & conditions will appear on the website.
28. Extraordinary Circumstances: Guests should be aware that the lodge is privately owned, for events totally beyond our control, e.g. destruction of property due to flood, fire, earthquakes or acts of God; or that the property is inhabitable due to irreparable damage or on Health & Safety issues that could not reasonably have been foreseen; or because of sale or withdrawal of property by the owners. Any arising issues regarding refund of rentals in such cases will be a matter contractually between the guest and the lodge owners.